Thursday, January 24, 2008

Diet and Toast

Oh, sure, it's not a diet, it's a LIVE-it! Blah, blah, blah...yuck.

How am I supposed to keep alive living on the small amount of food I'm alloted? I'm craving toast, fer cryin' out loud! How pathetic is THAT? Toast?!?!? Me, of lobster thermador and mousse au chocolate fame? Toast. Just gimme a piece of frikking toast!

It's day 3 of a massive undertaking to lose weight. Hubby and my hands were forced last week when the doctor finally put his stethoscope down firmly: 30 lbs for me, 60 lbs for hubby. ('Course, the way men and women lose weight, hubby will probably beat me to goal! Oi!)

We visited the Jenny Craig center on Monday and immediately signed up. We made a pact, hubby and I, to stay on the diet regardless of how awful the food until we reached goal--or most likely the rest of the year.

Surprisingly, the food is DELICIOUS!! Having done Nutrisystem in the past I was scared, but Jenny's food beats Nutisystem's by a long, long, long shot! The NS food made me gag, but Jenny is some kinda good cook, lemme tell ya. I hate to sound like an ad, but I would eat these meals if I were NOT on a di--uh, live-it! The food is THAT good!

And the toast? Well, just between you and me, it was delicious, too.

No comments: