Sunday, February 17, 2008

Directory Assistance

Hubby and I were sitting at the table breakfasting when I noticed the new phone books in everyone's driveway. I started railing against the trend to have twenty different companies make their own directories. Used to be we'd just have Ma Bell's version and that was that. Now we have umpteen different issuers wasting precious resources as well as valuable space in our homes. (Everything we need is online anyway.)

Hubby joined me in the tirade and I poured more coffee. We sat there for some time, eating, drinking and wagging our fingers at the child's booster seat...or doorstop...or recycling bin hog lying on the pavement by our mailbox. Finally, I started laughing. I told him to just pass me a jug of white lightening and a shotgun, I was going to spend the rest of the day sitting on my rocker on the front porch and yell at the neighbor kids to get off my "prop'ty." We are waaaay too young to act this old!

No comments: