Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good Girl/Bad Girl

Cleaning out a closet at church lent to some interesting perspectives from formerly wayward Christians. Some of us (and I'm totally not naming names here, but I'll probably spill my guts--or protect your identity--if you buy me lunch) battle the guilt and regret of former lives/choices/whatnot. "Bad Girls Gone Good" would be the title if we cared, but we don't.

The Bad Girl in me hasn't gone away, she's just morphed.

The Bad Girl: We're in the middle of a drought and today I washed my SUV in my driveway for all the world to see. Used soap and the whole nine yards, including allowing my daughter who was scantily dressed in an "oops, we forgot your bathing suit, let's run to
WalMart!" sequin-clad white bathing suit to water the trees...and the plants...and the bushes...and the sidewalk chalk art...and the scented pine cones left over from Christmas. Tomorrow I'll fill up the gas tank of this shiny vehicle and leave my enormous carbon footprint on Hwy 64 and Hwy 1.

The Good Girl: our recycling bin overflows every week,
thank you very much, and I always turn out the lights when I leave a room, well...most of the time. Our SUV is "California standard emissions," btw, Al.

No comments: